Prof. Aditi Thakur brings with her an eclectic mix of knowledge areas ranging from Core Engineering to Organizational Psychology and Human Resources. She is an engineer-turned management professional with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people. Prof. Aditi has worked in the Energy division with one of the largest business houses in India, and in Talent Management division of a leading IT product company before joining DMI. Her areas of research interest include Group Dynamics and Team Building, Organizational Citizenship Behaviour, Organizational Development, and HR Practices. She is a recipient of Chancellor's Gold Medal for being the University Topper during her Master's Degree in Organizational Psychology.
Teaching and Research experience in years: 5
Industry experience in years: 3.2
Specialization areas: OB and HR
Subjects Taught: Micro OB, Macro OB, HR Management, Performance Management
Area of Interest
Group Dynamics & Team Building, Organizational Citizenship Behaviour, Organizational Development, HR Practices such as Compensation and Benefit, Talent Management, Training & Development, Performance Management, Employee Engagement.
- Post-Graduation : MA (Psychology) - Central University of South Bihar - 2013
- Graduation : BE (Chemical) - SPU – 2007
- Presented a paper titled, 'Reimagining Basic Education: Lessons from Bhitiharwa cluster of West Champaran, Bihar' at National Discussion Meet on ‘The Relevance of Gandhian Educational Ideas and Experiments: Implications for Policy and Practices’ at NIEPA, New Delhi on 4-5 October 2019
- Presented for a conference, 'Reimagining Basic Education' at Gandhi Vichaar Samaagam' organised by the Education Department, GoB on 3 October 2019
- Presented a paper titled 'The Effect of Perceived Organizational Support, Role Related Aspects and Work Involvement on Work-Life Balance: Self Efficacy as a Moderator' at an international conference conducted by National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), at Christ University, Bangalore (December 2012).
Faculty Care Center Association
- CARE- Leadership and Governance
- Project Coordinator for an action research project on reviving the glory of basic schools and implementing Nai Talim as a pedagogy in a cluster of 13 schools in Bhitiharwa village of West Champaran district in Bihar titled ‘Re-imagining Basic Education for Learning Transformation’ (2018 – ongoing)
Faculty Consultancy Project's
- Team Member for consulting assignment to assess Mayoral Election system in the state (A study commissioned by Urban Development and Housing Department of Govt. of Bihar; 2019)
- Team Member for an end-term evaluation study titled ‘Pathways to Transform: End-term evaluation of Integrated Development of Three Villages in Bihar (A study funded by Aga Khan Rural Support Programme AKRSP; 2018).
- Team Member for an impact assessment study titled ‘Impact Assessment of Total Prohibition on the lives of Women and Girls in Rural Bihar’ (A study commissioned by Gender Resource Centre, Women Development Corporation, Government of Bihar; 2016).
Faculty Training Programs
- Resource Person for sessions on Building and Motivating Teams for Induction Programme of employees of Bihar Rural Development Society funded by Rural Development Department, Government of Bihar (November - December 2019)
- Programme Coordinator for design and delivery of Competencies Enhancement Programmes conducted for approx. 600 Child Protection functionaries of State Child Protection Society, Department of Social Welfare, Government of Bihar, funded by UNICEF (December 2016 – December 2018)
- Resource Person on programme for middle management of Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (AKRSP) (India) on team – building funded by AKRSP, India (December 2018)
- Resource Person for sessions on Management of Self and teams in programmes for Child Protection functionaries funded by UNICEF (February 2017 – January 2019)
- Resource Person for session on Interpersonal Communication Skills for programme titled 'Personal Effectiveness for the Personnel/Officers of Bihar Secretariat Stenographer Services cadre' funded by General Administration Department, Govt. of Bihar (January, 2019)
- Resource Person for sessions on Human Resource Management for entrepreneurs of SC/ST community in Bihar funded by Department of Industries, Govt. of Bihar (August 2018 – February 2019)